Position: Angry Diplomatic Specialist
Demeanor: Ethan gives off a very 'unprofessional' aura. He tends to be sarcastic, a bit on the angry side, and his methods of doing things tend to be unorthodox, but still efficient. Or he at least tries to make them efficient, he at least has a good success record though.
Nature: Basically the same as above, but he, despite the sarcastic and grumpy nature, still tries to help people in the end. He cares for his teammates, though it may not show when he is ranting and/or tearing someone to shreds with rhetoric. It's sort of his way of showing he cares. He was taught that criticism is the way to improving.
Description: Ethan is a lightly tanned Caucasian man standing at about 6ft. His hair is a dark ginger, but has a slightest gray tint to it, the hair style is usually in a condition in which it looks like he attempted to make it neat, but his attempts were void in the end. He has dark green eyes and wears a pair of square framed glasses. He normally has this look on his face that makes him look bored and slightly irritable. He has a missing ring finger on his left hand, lost to frostbite. He has a thin frame, with some muscle.
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2013-10/enhanced/webdr01/1/15/enhanced-buzz-5087-1380655843-12.jpg Garnett (I know it's from buzzfeed. I'm sorry)
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 5
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 4
- Persuasion: 6
- Intimidation: 4
- Bluff: 3
- Ranged: 2
- Survival: 1
- Academics: 4
- OBJECTION!!: 4. In his career, Ethan has had to deal with a lot of things in the courtroom. He has had to negotiate in a lot of things, and has participated in a lot of debates. +2 to PERS and INTM when trying to solve a diplomatic situation or settle a dispute of any sort that involves law issues or conflicts between two groups of people.(Ex. Polotical parties, royal houses, businesses, two groups of people against eachother, things like that.)
- Hidden part of the story: 2. While working in the courtroom, sometimes you have to hide some information in order to win the case, as deceptive as that might be. +2 to Bluff or MDEF when trying to hide information of importance to a mission or to a teammate. The information has to be important to that specific mission.
- God I hate politics: 3. You've seen one diplomatic situation, you've seen probably half of them. +3 when researching subjects relating to or trying to figure out a political or diplomatic situation between two groups of people. (ex. Political parties, royal houses, things like that.)
- Feels like home.: 3. Ethan grew up in Alaska, unlike most, to him that cold feels like home. He's learned how to survive in such environments over time. +3 to SUR when operating in environments with snow and/or ice, basically, if it's a place where there is heavy snow and ice all the time 24/7, he gets the bonus at GM discretion.
- Pen set.
- Suitcase full of notebooks and documents.
- Pocket watch
- Work desk
- Snow gear
- Ice pick
- Journal full of notes
- Old hunting rifle
Ethan Garnett was born on May 19th in 1931. He was born in Alaska, Anchorage. His father, Ben Garnett, was one of the pilots at the airport 'Merrill Field'. An extremely busy civilian airport. His mother, June Garnett, was a maid at one of the local hotels. Ethan had a normal childhood, he grew up in what would be considered 'upper middle class' due to his father's job paying well, though that resulted in his father being gone a lot. That left him, his little brother, and his mother to handle things. In his teens, Ethan mostly focused on doing chores for the family. Helping his mother around the house. Going hunting occasionally, chopping down trees for firewood. His mother, the kind woman that she was, told him that he should take time for himself, and not to worry about her. Ethan continued to help of course, but he took more time to go into his studies. He eventually took an interest in rhetoric and philosophy.
Throughout those years, Ethan's life was what you could call a normal life, up until the tragedy struck that was the death of his little brother, Eli. Eli got lost in a snowstorm that hit the town, Ethan searched high and low for his little brother, searched all night. By the end, Eli was concluded dead. Ethan himself had spent so long searching that one of his fingers was afflicted by frostbite, and it had to be removed. Ethan's family was never the same Eli's death, especially Ethan.
In college, Ethan took history, law, and rhetoric classes. He got a degree in law and got a doctoral degree in rhetoric.
After college, he proceeded to go into the career of law. He became a lawyer, hoping to do some good. He did a good job, even if his methods were sometimes strange and unorthodox.
Eventually, after dealing with a few cases he found unfair or just straight up horrible in general, he came to the conclusion that the job wasn't for him. He eventually found his way to the Foundation through one of the recruitment drives.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|