Position: Diplomatic Distraction/Item Requisitionist
Demeanor: Carefree and happy, he enjoys cracking jokes and goofing off.
Nature: Dex is always looking for some way to mess with someone, show off his talents, or just generally get in trouble, though he's a kind-hearted guy with an exceptional ability to wield words. Sooner or later, however, he's bound to pick a fight with the wrong person; everyone else will just want to be there when it happens.
Description: Dex has black hair short enough to be tidy, but long enough to have bangs, and neatly trimmed facial hair to match. His long, thin fingers are adept at both manipulating cards and snatching your wallet out of your pocket.
Scars Since Joining The Foundation:
- Broken Nose: Earned from The One That's On A Boat, when Dex slipped on a mountain of fish. Left his nose slightly crooked, and dealt a huge blow to his pride in his sneaking abilities.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 4
- Persuasion: 4
- Bluff: 4
- Melee: 1
- Ranged: 4
- Sneak: 4
- Engineering: 4
- Leprechaun's Fortune: 3. Irishmen are well-known for their luck at times, from finding pots of gold at the end of the rainbow to their shots going in just the right place. (+3 RNG while successfully undetected.)
- Bottom of the Deck: 3. While he may be Irish, the deck doesn't always fall in an urchin's favor; sometimes, Dex needed to manipulate poker games for some extra money, while others, it was swapping the dice out while no one was looking (+3 to BLUFF while cheating).
- Desensitization: 3. In the Hounds, all recruits were exposed to copious amounts of bloodshed to ensure their infallibility in battle. This required a very strong stomach (+3 mDef vs. gore).
- They're Over There!: 3. The Hounds tended to operate in urban environments, sneaking through shadows and across rooftops; the downside to this is the part where you're surrounded by people. Sometimes, to conquer this, you have to put your life on the line to draw attention (+3 to rolls for making or while being a distraction1).
- Deck of dragon-backed playing cards, freshly minted
- Long-sleeved white dress shirt, pants, shoes, and tie
- Black top hat
- Walther PP .32 ACP, 3 magazines on backup
- Two throwing knives, strapped to each leg
- Hand-made combat knife
- AK-47 from TOTOAB
- Compass from TOTOAB
- Black tuxedo, hanging pressed in closet
- 1001 Magic Tricks to Show Your Friends
- 5,000-round can of .32ACP ammunition
- Moar suits
- Moar hats
- Genco Gypsy Grandma Fortune Teller Machine (Pre-Order Edition)
Born into the poor Normanson family in Liverpool, Ireland in 1932, Dex had nothing a child could want, not even attention. His grandparents divorced when he was seven, and his parents had long-since split, leaving him feeling totally unwanted and alone with his maternal family, the Brannocks. Soon, his sense of humor, though sometimes dark, matured, and he became interested in the art of illusion. He quickly became more than adept at this, and, around the age of fifteen, began to practice this art on the streets.
Honing both his pickpocketing skills as well as his street magic, he one day tried to take the wrong wallet, leading to an all-out duel in the middle of the street with the leader of a relatively well-known Irish mercenary group, the Huntsman's Hounds; lucky for him, they happened to be recruiting, and he managed to survive not only with minimal injury, but also an invitation to a better family than he'd ever had before.
This became his lifestyle for the next eight years, taking any jobs he was offered, from working children's birthday parties to stealing precious artefacts. He went on missions both exotic and local, rising through the ranks and working in areas from Dublin to his native Liverpool, and even into Scotland and Great Britain.
The Foundation recruited him and a few underlings after a black market deal gone sour over SCP-███.
- Likes peaches
- Fiddles with cards when he's nervous
- Italian (From site move)
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|The One That's On A Boat||+2||4-18-16|