Position: Security Officer
Demeanor: Calm and professional during missions, Edward takes pride in his work and always follows orders. Can have quite the temper sometimes, however. Sees anyone who isn't a soldier or a woman as in the way of his duties.
Nature: A follower of orders, Eddy doesn't believe in deviation from them. Very cautious through years of service. Doesn't take kindly to people at or below his rank telling him what to do.
Description: 5'8". Black graying hair. Brown eyes. Keeps a pistol at his side at all times.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 2
- Strength: 5
- Intimidation: 3
- Melee: 5
- Ranged: 4
- Engineering: 3
- Medical: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Years of Experience: 5 There's some things basic training can't teach you, that only years of experience can. Eddy's picked up a few tricks along the way that can help him in some combat situations. (+5 Pdef from gunfire. +5 ranged with rifles)
- Drill Sergeant: 4 Being rather tough and loud can have it's perks, especially when you're trying to convince another to drop their weapons.(+4 Intimidation after surviving being shot at or with a firearm)
- Eye for an Eye: 3 Sometimes, on the field, you have to get down and dirty with a Bowie knife and your god given fists. In this regard, Eddy's prepared for it. (+3 Melee and Agililty when fighting with fists or a knife)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle
- Enfield No.II Mk.I Revolver
- Utility pack/belt
- Four (4) spare 7.62×51mm NATO Clips
- Twelve (12) spare .476 Enfield rounds
- Two (2) No.36M Mk.I fragmentation hand grenade "Mills Bomb"
- Handcuffs + Keys
- Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife
- Portable handheld radio
- Cigarette case
- Weapon maintenance kit
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Crates of ammo
Edward Bennett was born on April 4th, 1911 in Liverpool, to a military family. He was groomed all of his life to eventually follow in his father's footsteps and become a soldier as well. When he turned 13, he was sent to a military academy where he received the highest marks in his class. He eventually rose to be a Sergeant in the Royal Army at the young age of 26, through what many believed was nepotism rather than skill.
His chance came to prove himself when WWII broke out, and he was sent into the European theater to fight. He excelled in combat and was promoted to the rank of colonel, after which he refused to be promoted any higher lest he be taken off the battlefield. After the war, Eddy found he didn't have a purpose without an enemy to fight or orders to follow, so he joined p in any military campaign afterwards, mopping up what was left of Europe after the war.
He eventually found work with the UN, and in 1950 his chance to have another war to fight was granted. With the Korean conflict underway, Eddy saw combat as he did in WWII. In 1953, however, at the signing of the Non-aggression pact, Eddy defected. He became a mercenary and hopped a plane back to Europe, prepared to fight for anyone who paid the highest.
Eddy did this for four years, never once going back on an order or failing a mission. He did work for the GOC, MC&D, and even ORIA, never once flinching at the monstrosities he had to fight. In 1956, however, he was approached by a different group of interest, one that gave him an offer he couldn't refuse…
A big fan of music, especially Rock-and-Roll and Elvis.
Watches movies obsessively.
+2 From Scan Run