Position: Your character's general job description.
Demeanor: Happy, snarky, loud. Short-tempered. Talks to herself about stuff that doesn't make sense. Can be dismissive of others. Likes to pull pranks sometimes.
Easily frustrated. Impulsive. Reasonable when she is brought down to earth. Confused a lot. Sometimes forgets that others are actually people that have feelings. Tries to be logical, but can let her emotions get the best of her. Good at knowing what to say. Nervous, sometimes jumpy.
Description: African-Italian mixed. Wears her hair in thick braids that are usually tied up in a ponytail. Dark brown eyes. Usually some sort of mischievous grin on her face. Lean and fast. Likes to be in some sort of black clothing that won't get in her way. Rope around her waist. Rope everywhere. Rope.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 2
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 1
- Persuasion: 5
- Intimidation: 1
- Bluff: 3
- Melee: 3
- Ranged: 1
- Survival: 2
- Sneak: 4
- Academics: 2
- Science: 1
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- All Tied Up: 4. Cassava always carries a length of rope with her, and for good reason- she's fantastic at knots, can use it like a whip, and is better at strangling and hanging people than might make others comfortable. When the going gets tough, she can remain cool under pressure with a little rope in her hands- as long as there's some way to use it.
- Look! A Tree!: 4. Distractions can be difficult, but Cassandra has been working on her abilities here for a while. Whether for misdirecting or running away, distracting others comes more easily to her than to others.
- Linguist: 3. Cassava has a slight natural penchant for languages, and she knows bits and pieces of quite a few- stuff she picked up in her ESL classes and that was gleaned from books. This gives her a bit of an advantage in the language department.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- 5 yards of rope, wrapped continuously around her waist.
- Another yard of rope, peeking out of her backpack.
- 5" knife- short, sharp, good for cutting things- or creatures.
- Box of 18 matches
- Box of band aids, neosporin
- Canteen, usually filled with water
- Bouncy ball, garden variety
- Small notebook and a pen
- Small stuffed rabbit
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Set of language-to-English dictionaries- French, Korean, Russian, German, Spanish.
- Sparse medkit
- More notebooks and pens; some mechanical pencils
- A spare knife
- Spare canteen
- Like ten more yards of rope neatly curled up in the corner, holy shit that's a lot of rope
- Extra blankets
- Extra clothes
- Random brick-a-brack- erasers, hacky sacks, paper clips, anything she thought at some point might possibly be useful in the smallest of ways
Cassava was born in 1934 in Italy as the only child to a set of young parents. Her family immigrated to the United States nine years later. She was routinely picked on, and slowly learned how to overcome her bullies through words instead of fists. As a teenager, she worked on a boatyard to make her family a bit more money to get by, and discovered her love for all things rope. She talked her way into small jobs and made peace for herself in her community in little ways. This changed when she was 16 years old and her father got murdered, leaving her and her mother mourning and struggling to get by. Cassava threw herself into work and began learning how to use knives in combat from friends down the block whenever she had spare time. The two women eked out a meager existence for eight years until Cassava found herself in the path of an anomaly, where she performed relatively well for someone who didn't even know what the fuck. The Foundation noticed and Cassava was offered a job and a steady income- which she gladly accepted. Nowadays, she spends her extra time finding out about the people and places around her, sharpening her knife abilities, and writing the occasional letter home.
I'll probably flesh out the description a bit more later.