Position: Special Operations (Germ Warfare and Chemical Warfare)
"Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven, and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground." — Genesis 19:24-25
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 2
- Agility: 2
- Strength: 4
- Intimidation: 5
- Melee: 5
- Ranged: 5
- Survival: 3
- Medical: 3
- The Man Behind the Mask: 5. Whoever is behind the mask radiates a sense of unease and general loathing… as well as a strong sense of fear and paranoia.
- Hotzone Dancer: 4. The heavy gear that Zhyr uses in combat holds up to the worst that chemicals and microorganisms can throw at them, especially in the worst of combat zones: trenches and city-fighting. This gear, in combination with formidable individual- and squad-based combat tactics, makes Zhyr a deadly opponent in urban operations and close-quarters combat.
- Undying Loyalty: 3. Rumors have it that Zhyr's lot are indoctrinated as perfect soldiers - unflinching, and unyielding to their assigned mission.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- T44 Rifle, .308 Winchester
- Ten 20-round magazines, .308 Winchester
- Modified M5 Bayonet w/ scabbard
- Ithaca M1911A1 Semi-Automatic Pistol, .45 ACP
- Three 7-round magazines, .45 ACP
- Entrenching Tool
- Basic Survival Gear
- Weapons Cleaning Kits
- Gas Mask Replacement Filters
- Emergency Clothing Repair Kit
- Basic First Aid Kit
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Sealed Foot Locker, contents unknown
- Spare clothing
- Spare boots
- Replacement small parts
Little is known about Cardan Zhyr - his family records erased, any information that would have given him a basic identity under lock and key. His own name is rumored to have been given to him upon completion of specialist training.
Within intelligence circles, rumor has it that the National Socialist Party managed to create "perfect" stormtroopers through an undocumented (and presumably destroyed/forgotten) process to wipe memories, as well as extensive experimental drug treatments. Most of the research was destroyed during the terminus of the Second World War, but surviving subjects were "re-indoctrinated" by whichever power secured them.
Zhyr is one of these soldiers reclaimed by the United States, fresh from its victory in the War, and indoctrinated through special tactics learned from their allies in combat in otherwise environmentally hostile environment. Trials of these "super-soldiers" at Fort Detrick exceeded all expectations, and this unit of soldiers, known as the Limelight Company, was further extensively prepared for deployment to Korea to assist with combat operations.
By request of the GOC, a few Limelight Company soldiers were "loaned" from the US Government, to assist with GOC operations. One of the operations was the recent acquisition of the Foundation, and Zhyr was deployed to assist with "Foundation" operations, under GOC control.
As of this moment, Zhyr requires the following:
- Combat shield, to allow him to take more hits and to make up for the lack of speed;
- Enhanced death mask, to amplify fear characteristic;
- Drug delivery system, for on-the-go enhancements;
- Night vision, to fight in dense fog/smoke/nighttime environments;
- Flamethrower, for mass decontamination.