Demeanor: Amicable, genteel, he seems to live by the philosophy that a stranger is only a friend you have not met yet (until proven otherwise). Beckett speaks with a strong accent from the southern United States and has a deep voice. Though he might dance around an issue for the sake of propriety, when something is important, he gets to the point quickly. He enjoys painting, and is quite adept at it and several other artistic
Nature: Beckett is a consequentialist at heart. He values life and property, but their value is finite and quantifiable to him. He is not callous and generally is sympathetic, but progress is paramount. If he were a physicist, Beckett would say that you can't make a non-euclidian omelette without first cracking some ethical eggs. He is fairly easy going until he latches onto a problem, which he pursues voraciously until it no longer is one. Beckett enjoys painting, and is quite adept at it and several other artistic media.
Description: Beckett is a slightly overweight, Caucasian male in his late thirties. He has prematurely graying, light brown hair, green eyes, and wears bifocal glasses. Minor facial hair.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 3
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 3
- Persuasion: 1
- Bluff: 3
- Dixie Is a Killing Word: 6 It has taken years focused study, but Beckett has cracked the basics of memetic theory. It helps that he has a knack for it, but the years of research have paid off. (+3/+3 on Medical/Science the research or utilization of anomalous memes.)
- Southern Skedaddle: 3 Despite his paunch, Beckett can really book it when his pulse gets going and things get rough. He might not win first place, but he certainly will not finish last. (+3 on Agility when running away from danger.)
- Smooth as Snake Oil: 3 In his life with his family and afterward, Beckett has learned how to avoid conflict or put on the charm through his words. It has saved him a few teeth, and will probably continue to do so. (+3 on Bluff or Persuasion with the purpose of avoiding conflict with civilians.)
- Sketching equipment
- One sturdy camera
- One knife
List everything your character keeps in their room at Site-77. Anything that's not listed here or in the sections above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A large collection of medical books, specifically related to psychology and neurology
- An assortment of various artistic media
Beckett was born in 1922 to a wealthy parents, owners of a tobacco plantation. He learned almost everything to know about tobacco farming and running a plantation over the course of his youth, and decided it was not what he wanted for himself. He went to college, specifically New York University, where he studied neurology. In short, there was nothing too far out of the ordinary. In fact, his life was relatively unremarkable until he began to study the underlying causes of epilepsy. During a particular study, Beckett discovered that the control group reacted similarly to the group with epilepsy and that both groups had an additional symptom. They also reported the inability to perceive the shade of blue the walls were painted. Though the effect only lasted a few minutes, it was consistent among both groups with a single exception. He determined why the one individual was not affected, paid the subjects and refrained from publishing his study. Over the next several years and in addition to his normal work and research, he ran many such "studies" on the side, typically recruiting subjects that were in need of the money. He never publishing the results, but hoped to gain an understanding of the phenomenon he called "memetics." He would have continued his research in private, but nondisclosure agreements are only as strong as ones ability to enforce them. Word got out and he received an unexpected visit from some men he did not know. The next day, his home was empty and he was newly employed in the Foundation.
Any other information you think would be interesting. Any sections you wish to add to your character sheet (inter-character relationships, pictures, achievements, etc.) go here.
XP: 4How much XP your character currently has. Also list any XP you have received or spent, and where it came from or where it went.
|Name of Source/Purchase||XP Change||Date|
|killer roboclowns from wondertainments house of horror||+4||10/16/2016|