Position: Old Negotiator
Demeanor: Warm, fatherly, genial.
Nature: Basilio's an old guy who's seen a bit too much of everything in his life. He has a mild manipulative streak from his time as a Revolutionary negotiator between factions but more often then not he tries to get people to get along. Except for people explicitly hostile towards him or others.
Description: Elderly Latino man with brown eyes, and silver hair due to age. It's often combed-back and tied into a short pony-tail. Normal wear is suits and the like. Tanned and a bit wrinkly, but otherwise pretty spry for a 64 year old man.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 4
- Mental Defense: 4
- Perception: 5
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 4
- Intimidation: 3
- Bluff: 4
- Ranged: 5
- Survival: 3
- Academics: 1
- Engineering: 1
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Las Armas Qe Ganó El Oeste: 2. Basilio fought in a time when modern firearms were single-action and didn’t have magazines. He learned how to fight with these weapons as well as he could and still remembers plenty about how to use and operate them. (+2 RANGED, ACAD, and ENGI with older-style weaponry. Revolvers, lever-actions, double-barreled shotguns, etc. No modern semi-automatic or automatic weaponry.)
- Lengua De Serpiente: 6. After many a decade of living as a negotiator and business owner has made Basilio very comfortable in multiple aspects of speech. (+3 PERS when trying to befriend someone, +3 BLUFF when trying to convince he's simply an old man.)
- Too Nice To Be Nice To: 2. Being an old man doesn't make Basilio naive or stupid. With age comes experience. (+2 PERC when spotting manipulative PERSUASION/BLUFF attempts. +2 MDEF towards manipulative PERSUASION.)
- Ranchero: 2. After years of working on farms and with farm equipment Basilio's learned about how to do fix minor things, and know the difference between a good cob of corn and a bad cob. (+2 SURV/ACAD/ENG regarding farming/farm equipment.)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Old Colt Single-Action Army Revolver chambered in .45 ACP with a hip holster.
- Redwood cane with L-shaped handle.
- Whatever clothes Basilio's wearing.
- Set of keys
- Gold wedding ring
- Silver chain necklace with another gold ring hanging on it next to a crucifix.
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Old and worn Winchester M1895 rifle.
- Fine desk
- Walnut dresser filled with clothes
- Cups and mugs
- Acoustic guitar made of redwood
- Spare cane
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 1954. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills (especially specialty skills) are explained. Higher skills need more justification.
Born December 12th, 1892 in a Mexican settlement about ten miles from the then Mexican-American border. His childhood was about average for a then Spanish citizen but under the direction of the Porfirio no one was happy. The Mexican Revolution broke out and he fought with the first group that came around in slew with everyone else. But as times wore on he found the war dragging because no one liked the other. And he came into more of the line of his current profession where he worked as a negotiator between factions, speaking with more then one of the many leaders of each revolutionary faction. Eventually the war ended with Basilio without a home, and he migrated North into California with his wife and at the time two children. He slowly worked his way up through the workers and eventually came to own a small plot of land for a farm that was enough to keep the family fed and paid for. Another two children came around, and his wife died giving birth to the final one. After many a year of toiling his farm slowly grew and grew until he finally was of enough wealth to be invited to a small auction. What he saw there was anomalies, the auction being funded and owned by Marshall, Carter, and Dark. Soon after Basilio was picked up by the Foundation in return for information about MC&D. And the rest is history.
Any other information you think would be interesting.
- Very practiced in guitar
- Has to use a cane because of his deteriorating age
- Speaks fluent Spanish and English
How much XP your character currently has.