Position: Marshall, Carter & Dark "Broker" (Double Agent)
Demeanor: Polite, genial, and well-spoken, an old-style aristocrat with a quick, wry wit and a light-hearted, jeering personality. Can at times be rude, brusque, or tactless, and has been known to mess with people in the past for unspecified reasons.
Nature: Has almost no value for human life. Views all of his interactions with others as transactional. Always seeks the best outcome for himself, regardless of the prices others have to pay for him to get it. Manipulates others by force or by guile to achieve his goals. Fortunately the Foundation seems to be a better patron than Marshall, Carter and Dark.
Description: A tall and thin man of Haitian descent, Ade has a narrow face with sharp features, short grey hair peppered throughout with its original black, and dark brown eyes. Ade dresses well, usually in personally-tailored suits, his head adorned by a wide-brimmed fedora. And he is never seen without his favorite walking stick, a lacquered oak branch with a leather-bound handle.
You have 36 points to distribute among Basic and Pseudo-Specialty Skills. Please follow the guidelines on the Game Mechanics page. Erase any skills you have no points in.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 6
- Perception: 5
- Agility: 3
- Strength: 2
- Persuasion: 2
- Intimidation: 2
- Bluff: 2
- Melee: 4
- Ranged: 1
- Survival: 0
- Sneak: 4
- Academics: 6
- Science: 0
- Engineering: 0
- Medical: 0
- He Who Walks In Shadows: 3 (Anomalous).
While Adebowale casts no shadow of his own, he is capable of using the shadows around him as a method of instant point-to-point transportation. When he steps into a shadow that is capable of fully enveloping him, he can move between that shadow and any other visible shadow of equivalent size or larger silently and near-instantaneously (on a roll of 3 or above). He can use this anomaly to either step from Shadow A to Shadow B, or to move an arm or leg through the shadow to manipulate objects on the other side. Adebowale retains all of his speed and momentum during the process of transition, and will exit Shadow B at the same speed and with the same force as he did when he entered Shadow A.
This anomaly is not without drawbacks, of course. Adebowale maintains his full corporeal form while moving between shadows, and can be interrupted or attacked during his entrance or exit from the shadows. If the exit shadow is fully illuminated while Adebowale is in transit, he will be ejected from the entrance shadow at the same speed he was moving at while entering it. If both shadows are illuminated in the brief period where Adebowale is in transit, then Adebowale will effectively become trapped between the two shadows, in a sort of "negative space" with no entrance or exit, until one shadow or the other is reformed.
- I Will Not Be Fooled Again: 3.
Adebowale has been subjected to a great deal of humiliation and unnecessary punishment prior to his rise to control of the Belafonte Menagerie. Years of degradation, dehumanization, and sometimes outright torture have turned him bitter, cold, and defensive on the inside, with the advantage being that he has become greatly hardened to harms both physical and psychological. Adebowale gains a +3 to PDEF when being beaten or attacked, and a +3 to MDEF against any non-psychic or magical attacks preying on insecurity, fear, or manipulation.
- Honeyed Words And A Silver Tongue: 4.
Adebowale is a shrewd and cunning businessman, used to getting his way, at any cost. That isn't to say, of course, that he prefers spending as little as possible and making off with as much as he can. Lying, cheating, and sometimes outright blackmail aren't beneath Adebowale. He gains a +4 to Persuasion when attempting any kind of transaction, and a +4 to Bluff if he has to lie his way out of a bargain.
- The Mind Is A Tool Like Any Other: 2.
Adebowale is a shrewd tactician and deep thinker, and sometimes just by applying himself full-force to a confusing situation is rewarded with insights that others do not have. Of course, sometimes these 'insights' are less-than-reliable, and can land the team in a great deal of trouble. On a roll higher than two, Adebowale receives a piece of valuable insight that will help the team in some way during the mission. On a roll lower than two, the conclusion Adebowale reaches will actively come to their detriment. A roll of two is at the GM's discretion.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Tailored suit with knee-length jacket, waistcoat and tie, varying colors (all earth-tones)
- Wide-brimmed fedora, black
- Cigarette case (Silver with polished black argillite inlays, contains twelve long cigarettes)
- Fountain pen (silver with ebony)
- Financial ledger
- Engraved derringer, chambered in .45 ACP
- Walking stick, oak with leather-bound grip
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Wardrobe of various other pieces of clothing, of varying levels of formality
- High-quality furniture (far nicer than standard-issue Foundation lodgings)
- Bookshelves! Full of books!
- Stacks of logbooks detailing anomalous items that have been bought, sold, and traded away, the anomalous natures of each, and the circumstances under which it was discovered, along with photographs and catalog numbers
- Paintings, mostly landscapes or portraits
- Italian rapier (image)
- German Jaeger musket (image)
- Agfa Ventura 66 camera and film
- Trunks of various personal effects, locked
Adebowale keeps his life prior to arriving in the United States a closely guarded secret, preferring discretion so as to keep his opponents at a disadvantage. What is known is that he first came to Foundation attention after obtaining possession of the collection of known Marshall, Carter & Dark associate Emile Belafonte, upon his passing. Adebowale proved to be a shrewd businessman, rapidly doubling Belafonte's already-considerable wealth through a series of auctions and private dealings with other collectors.
Adebowale eventually began knowingly selling minor anomalies to a Foundation contact, where he slowly and cautiously established himself as a mole, apparently because he wanted to undermine the current MC&D power structure or just because he got bored of dealing with them. He currently runs his business in absentia, using his contacts to gather information on Marshall, Carter and Dark from the security of Site-19.
On the early morning of 26 May 1956, and for no apparent reason, Ade pulled all support from the Foundation and liquidated all of his assets, disappearing without a trace. This action coincided with a massive detonation in the Louisiana bayou triangulated to roughly the same estimated location as "The Menagerie," his manor and stronghold. He has not been heard from or spotted in any monitored location since.
- Adebowale is a certified genius, with an IQ of 147, and a polyglot, speaking fluent English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, and Latin, with a passing knowledge of Greek, Cyrilic, Sumerian, Aramaic, Norse runes, and Sanskrit. In his own words, "When dealing in occult artifacts, it pays to be able to read the inscription so that no harm comes to your client by incident. Unless you want it to."
- Items Captured Post-Enlistment: One (1) rusalka, one (1) vodyanoy, six (6) microraptors (Erasmus, Hemingway, Poe, Camus, Pliny, Herodotus), one (1) dog, $300 worth of Factory-produced candy
- Young madame: I should really learn her name.
- Waif: Entertaining.
- That Woman: Burned my favorite chair. An unforgivable offense.
- Pest: Messiah complex. Obviously disturbed. Boring.
- Psychotic: Remind me… Why is he here? Deceased.
- ???: ???
- Playtime Doctor: Believes his degree qualifies him for anything. Has he actually contributed to the site in any way?
- Tande: The last bastion of competence and sanity in this whole place. Aside from myself.
- Miss Raverat: Important.
- Jack (Moron): Worthless scum, good as a meat shield.
- Jacob (Wolfman): Potentially skilled and capable. We'll see.
- Voss: Longtime associate and comrade. My faith in her is boundless.
- Wolfgang (Worthless Tool): I will destroy him, and enjoy every moment of it.
- Adebowale Okonjo's French Vacation (25 Mar 15): 4 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo And The Magic Piano (28 Mar 15): 2 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo's Famine Awareness Tour, Part 1 (2 Apr 15): 2 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Is Better Than You (20 Apr 2015): 3 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Abandons Ship (27 Apr 2015): 3 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo's Cold Case (2 May 2015): 3 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Gets Hurt (2 May 2015): 2 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Rescues A Cute Nurse (8 May 2015): 2 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Doesn't Like Racism (10 May 2015): 2 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Talks Shop (13 May 2015): 6 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Comes Unraveled (15 May 2015): 3 XP
- 18 May 2015: -32 XP (+2 Academics, +1 AGI, +1 PER)
- Go to Hell, Adebowale Okonjo: 3 XP
- Adebowale Okonjo Gets A New Pet: 2 XP