Position: Occult and Espionage Specialist
Nature: Inquisitive, secretive, confident, nonchalant.
Description: Dark hair and eyes, somewhat thin and above average height. Long fingers, and a pronounced facial structure and eyebrows. Tends to dress very exactly, although the exact outfit varies. Hates to be dressed inappropriately for the situation.
- Physical Health: 7
- Mental Health: 7
- Physical Defense: 3
- Mental Defense: 3
- Perception: 4
- Agility: 6
- Strength: 4
- Bluff: 4
- Melee: 3 (+2)
- Sneak: 6
- Academics: 3
You have twelve points to distribute among as many or as few specialty skills as you see fit (but at least three is almost always warranted). Remember to explain what each specialty entails.
- Wizardry: 3. Abe has studied extensively in the arcane arts, learning and honing a multitude of different forms of magic and other hocus-pocus. While he is capable of most things mystical, given time, he focuses mostly on those which relate to time, movement, memory, and illusion. Generally the sort of stuff a spy would have use for.
- Globetrotting Sneakthiefery: 4. Abe has, for what has essentially been the entirety of his adult life, worked in and around the espionage circuit, working for himself and others in uncovering this, stealing that, and getting into various shenanigans.
- Swords and Sorcery-ing: 5. When one works with as many dusty scrolls and magic runes as Abe, guns and the like take on a somewhat unreliable stance. As such, Abe has been forced to rely on non-fancypants weapons for his violence needs, and has learned to do so relatively well.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Various espionage materials
- Various magical bits and bobs for casting spells
- A caneswordstaff, topped with onyx, that serves both as a weapon and a wizard's staff
- A small wand, for when the caneswordstaff gets taken by guards
- A smaller wand hidden in a shoe, for when that other one gets taken
- A whole bunch of knives hidden in various places on his person
And everything that they keep in their room at Site 19. Anything that's not listed here will be difficult for them to get a hold of.
- A wardrobe, of dark wood, containing a suspiciously large number of outfits and various miscellaneous garments
- Many, many books on a great many subjects
- Various magical supplies for the trendy modern mage
- Record player and various records
Born some time in the mid 20's, Abraham "Honest Abe" Eisenstein grew up in the New York area, where he was well known as a 'lying little shit who needs to keep the fuck out of my bread'. He had a tendency to get in a lot of fights, and lose a lot of fights (he was skinny as all get out, something to do with 'poverty' and 'malnourishment'), so he took up the whole run-so-that-you-don't-get-your-face-kicked-in mentality that so often aids such individuals. He also learned to hide after he ran, because some of those assholes had, like, bikes and dogs and shit. Eventually he grew up somewhat and then suddenly war. Pew. Pow. Explosions. The film reals were all very dramatic, although the sound tended to be somewhat corny. After some amount of issue regarding 'dodging the draft' and 'who the fuck are you, you can't fight nazis' and 'fuck man I'm just doing what I was told, I got my papers and everything', he was eventually deployed towards the end of the war, primarily working to clean up the various atrocities committed by the Third Reich. While over in Europe doing stuff with things, he started to get into some real shady magic biz. Well, not really that shady. Pretty baseline level of shady, as far as magic goes. Anyway, yadda yadda yadda, postwar Europe, homey wizarded up. While he was doing all that, he sort of needed a job, so he took to doing various spying assignments for generally-Western governments (spying's easy when you've got magic and they haven't), eventually falling in pretty squarely with Foundation-aligned powers by 1953.
Due to his meddling with the laws of time, nature, and general biochemistry, Abraham Eisenstein can never ever ever sleep. Ever. This results in his mood and activities being somewhat highly variable, and a general reliance on caffeine and other stimulants to keep him from… well, it's unpleasant. Additionally, there may or may not be several deities and pseudo-deities that he's found himself on the shit-list of, but that issue can be delved into at a later date. When he would normally be knocked unconscious, he is instead incapacitated, with the same effective results.
Although he lacks much in the way of a formal education, Abe's picked up plenty in his various doings, especially in regards to what he needs to know to act like he knows things. A good general fake aristocrat's knowledge of history, geography, and politics.
His knowledge about the occult, however, is pretty legitimately solid, based more on a burning desire to magic rather than a need to fit in.
Abe's mucked about with time and books and such a bit too much, and at this point has trouble keeping track of exactly which words are in fashion.
He speaks English natively, German well, and French, Russian, and Llama reasonably well, although much of his focus in French and Russian is on occult and military topics.
He has very emotional eyebrows.
Missing, presumed ptero'd.
Below is a list of various magics Abe has made use of and information regarding them, for reference's sake.
Magical Sparkles Everywhere
Effect: Creates a burst of what is essentially confetti.
Sparring Dummy Conjuration
Effect: Gathers energy into an ethereal polygonal humanoid structure of little to no mass that is capable of basic sparring, utilizing a similarly created blade. Has no real combat application, as it is incapable of movement outside of a small area and will not harm individuals. Can be dissipated either by interrupting its structure or at will of the caster.
Failure: Failure of the spell places too much energy into the construct, causing it to attract a malevolent entity which will then attack anyone present. Can only be dissipated by interrupting its structure.
Minor Smoke Screen
Effect: Creates a small cloud of smoke at a designated location. Smoke could be greyish or whitish.
Effect: Acts as a ranged fire attack, with damage being based on the roll. Can be used in conjunction with a thrown weapon for a combination attack.
Failure: Backfire if heavy failure.
Effect: Acts as a ranged electric attack, with damage being based on the roll. Can be used in conjunction with a thrown weapon for a combination attack.
Failure: Backfire if heavy failure.
+2 From First Run - Team 2
+2 From Run Three- The Most Magical Swamp on Earth
+2 from Adventure Time With Jake the Dog and Abe the Human
+2 From The Dark Harvest